Forestry South Africa heralds International Day of Forests The United Nations International Day of Forests on 21 March 2017 will be marked by Forestry South Africa with the launch of an information and illustration-rich website, ‘Forestry Explained’. The International Day of Forests is about celebrating all forests, indigenous and commercial.
The International Council of Forest and Paper Associations (ICFPA) and its members welcome the signing of the landmark United Nations agreement to tackle climate change, set to take place on Friday April 22 – coinciding with Earth Day which this year celebrates the theme of Trees for the Earth. The agreement – adopted by all 196 […]
Johannesburg – The International Council of Forest and Paper Associations (ICFPA) has released its statement on climate change as part of its involvement in the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change meeting (COP21) in Paris, France. The statement presents the contributions of forests and the forest products industry to the mitigation of global climate change […]
WASHINGTON – The theme of the 2015 United Nations International Day of Forests is “Forests and Climate Change.” The International Council of Forest and Paper Associations (ICFPA) is proud to represent the global forest products industry and its commitment to climate change mitigation all along the value chain.
A National Recycling Day message from the Paper Recycling Association of South Africa It is estimated that only 5% of South African households recycle their paper and cardboard. So what is the other 95% doing with it? A significant amount of recyclable paper is going to landfill every year. This paper degrades along with other […]
We are told to ‘save the planet and go digital’ or save the environment by opting for e-billing. You may even have ‘please consider the environment…’ on your emails. Let us stop buying into claims by service providers that going paperless saves trees and combats climate change.
It is time for the South Africans to take stand against the myths and misinformation, and broaden our knowledge of the truth and scientifically proven facts. While we cannot dispute the convenience and immediacy of having annual reports on our company websites and our latest bank statement emailed to us, we have to ensure that […]
Ahead of Earth Hour on 31 March 2012, here are a few facts about the impact of digital communications versus its paper counterpart. So next time you need to read a really long document, it’s probably better to print it out. Sir Nicholas Stern, head of the Government Economic Service in the United Kingdom, released […]
It’s World Water Day today, 22 March 2012. As the Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA), we thought we would share some interesting facts about the forestry, pulp and paper industry which has made significant advances in terms of environmental sustainability over recent decades.
What does climate change mean for our wetlands in South Africa? Globally, wetland ecosystems provide many regulatory services such as water purification and flood attenuation. In Africa, wetlands are very important to many people by providing provisioning services such as fodder for grazing, and water for domestic and agricultural use. In the face of climate […]